We hope to see you at our upcoming community forum on LGBT issues! It’s taking on Wednesday, November 9 from 6:00 – 8:00 PM at the Hopkins Center for the Arts (1111 Main Street, Hopkins, MN 55343).
If you’re able to attend, please click here to RSVP.
Our panel will feature a variety of community leaders who are working every day to advance LGBT equality. Here’s a short preview of what you’ll hear from each member.
- State Senator Scott Dibble will speak about LGBT legislation in the Minnesota State Legislature.
- Monica Meyer, Executive Director of OutFront Minnesota, will speak about organizing for greater inclusion and equality in Minnesota.
- Phillip M. Miner, Director of LGBTA Programs Office at the University of Minnesota, will speak about people of color within the LGBT community.
- Jann Garofano,Teacher, Anoka-Hennepin Education Minnesota, will speak about supporting LGBT youth and staff as a teacher.
- Justin Anderson, intern at OutFront Minnesota, will speak about his experiences as a young LGBT activist.
Congressman Ellison will speak about LGBT legislation in the federal government, but most importantly, we want to hear your comments, questions, and ideas about how we can organize to advance inclusion and equality in our community, our state, and our nation.