Please join us for an upcoming community forum about how we can protect women’s rights in an age of extremism.
It’s taking place one week from today on Monday, June 20 from 6:00 – 8:00 PM at the Minneapolis Central Library.
Our panel will feature a variety of community leaders who are working every day to protect women’s rights from extremist politicians who want to undo pay equity laws and defund women’s health organizations.
I am proud to announce our panel to you now, along with a preview of what you’ll hear from each member:
- State Rep. Marion Greene will speak about attacks on women’s rights in the Minnesota Legislature.
- Former State Senator Tarryl Clark will speak about how the national political climate is hurting working women and their families.
- Tim Stanley, Political Director, Planned Parenthood MN/ND/SD Action Fund, will speak about national and state legislative attacks on women’s health and reproductive choice.
- Fartun Weli, Immigrant Women’s Healthcare Advocate, will speak about efforts towards women’s empowerment in New American communities.
- Susy Bates, Political Director, Women Winning, will speak about the need for women to get involved in our political system as activists, leaders, and elected officials.
I hope to you can join me, our panel, and our neighbors for this important community forum.